News and Media
Geisinger Health System: A network of care
Geisinger Health System is an integrated health system providing our patients and members with the best care available.
We are an integrated health services organization widely recognized for innovative use of electronic health records and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator®, ProvenCare® and ProvenExperience®.
As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves millions of residents throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We perform cutting-edge research in the areas of genetics and precision medicine, which are helping Geisinger advance clinical knowledge and bring promising treatments to the forefront.
We employ tens of thousands of individuals throughout our system of hospitals, research centers, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Geisinger Health Plan.
In all, Geisinger leverages an estimated $10.5 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies and has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service.
- We serve more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and in southern New Jersey
- Our physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians
- Geisinger’s system has 12 hospital campuses and two research centers
- Geisinger Health Plan serves more than 550,000 members throughout Pennsylvania and works with affiliates in Delaware and Maine
- According to a recent report by The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), it indicated Geisinger Health System annually contributes more than $8.9 billion to the local, regional and state economy.
- Locally, Geisinger is responsible for nearly $1.2 billion in salaries, benefits, training and education and $336.6 million in community benefit
- Statewide, Geisinger is responsible for $8.9 billion in total economic impact; 36,664 jobs provided through direct employment and "ripple effect" job creation; and more than 9,000 jobs added in the last decade